During the past weeks, I’ve been pondering long and hard about what to write about for my first post. After all, in the past couple years, life has exploded, and I have so many stories to tell – they’re still racking up. Good. Bad. Funny. Sad. All of that. It’s become a little overwhelming – what to choose? what to choose? So I thought I’d step back. Switch sides of the brain. And start off with what everybody always wants and needs –
THE TOP 10 LIST
So here is my top 10 list of realizations I’ve come to by midlife. Just recently, I’ve finally fully realized most. Except for number 10. Which I fully realized by the time I was 12. Otherwise, I’d be dead or in a coma by now.
10. LOOK FORWARD WHILE WALKING OR I MAY RUN INTO A TREE
9. BACK UP THE PHOTOS
7. NEVER SAY YES TO UNPAID OVERTIME
6. MOST PEOPLE CAN’T READ MINDS, YET THEY CALL JUST AS THEY CROSS MY MIND
5. LIFE IS LIKE A BOX OF CHOCOLATES. I’M ALLOWED TO BITE INTO A CHOCOLATE AND SAY, “NO THANKS.”
4. THE ROCKY MOUNTAINS SING THE SOUND OF MUSIC TOO
3. SHIT OUT THE SHOULDS
2. TRADE IN “SEX IN THE CITY” FOR “GIRLS”
1. LOSE THE BIKINI. BUY THAT TANKINI.
…and so this Top 10 marks the launch of this blog. Hopefully 10 years from now I won’t be saying, “WTF was that all about?” Until next time…
Ciao for now!